With increased media attention and high profile cases, more people are coming forward with their own, personal stories of sexual violence. Would you know what to do if someone told you they were the victim of sexual abuse or assault? Would you know how to react appropriately, what their options are, or the appropriate community agencies for referral?
The Saskatoon Sexual Assault & Information Centre (SSAIC) is excited to offer a 2-day intensive course called First Responder to Sexual Assault Training™. The course content was developed and trademarked by the Association of Alberta Sexual Assault Services (AASAS), and SSAIC has two accredited facilitators who can offer this training in our home community of Saskatoon.
Upcoming course dates for 2019 are as follows:
- March 29 & 30, 2019. Each date of training runs 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Training dates beyond March 2019 will be added in February 2019. Stay tuned!
Important registration information:
- All training will take place at The Willows Golf & Country Club
- The cost is $225 (no tax) per person, and includes snacks/meals for the 2 days, plus training materials.
- This training is not currently eligible for CE credits.
- To Register – Fill out the online registration form by clicking on the date link below. If you cannot fill out an online registration form, you must register in person at our office. **Registration not completed until payment as been received**